In 2011, there are 922.2 million of Internet users in Asia — out of 2.1 billion of Internet users worldwide. It means, according to the latest statistic released by Pingdom, 44% of Internet users on this planet are coming from Asia!
No wonder that the business and IT world believe that Asia is the future.
Checkout another useful 2011 Internet stats provided by Pingdom:
- 3.146 billion – Number of email accounts worldwide.
- 555 million – Number of websites (December 2011).
- 95.5 million – Number of .com domain names at the end of 2011.
- 800+ million – Number of users on Facebook by the end of 2011.
- 225 million – Number of Twitter accounts.
- 39 million – The number of Tumblr blogs by the end of 2011.
- 70 million – Total number of WordPress blogs by the end of 2011.
- 2.4 billion – Social networking accounts worldwide.
- 1.2 billion – The number of active mobile broadband subscriptions worldwide in 2011.
- 5.9 billion – The estimated number of mobile subscriptions worldwide in 2011.
- 1 trillion – The number of video playbacks on YouTube.
- 14 million – Number of Instagram accounts created during 2011.
- 51 million – Total number of registered users on Flickr.