Andrew Mager just blogged regarding some cool facts about how large 10 billion really is:
- About 109 minutes ago, the Roman Empire was flourishing. (109 minutes is roughly 1,900 years.)
- About 109 hours ago, modern human beings and their ancestors were living in the Stone Age (more precisely, the Middle Paleolithic). (109 hours is roughly 114,000 years.)
- About 109 years ago, the first multicellular eukaryotes appeared on Earth.
- 109 centimetres is about the distance from Chicago to Tokyo.
- The possession of assets with total value of 109 US dollars would place a person among the world’s wealthiest individuals.