Did you know that French animator and Despicable Me‘s director Pierre Coffin has Indonesian blood? To be honest, I myself also didn’t know about this until a local news portal Detik broke the news this morning. And Wikipedia also confirmed it, saying that Pierre-Louis Padang Coffin (commonly recognized as Pierre Coffin) was born on November 1, 1967 to Yves Coffin, a French diplomat, and Nh. Dini a praised Indonesian writer.
Nurhayati Srihardini Siti Nukatin (Nh. Dini’s complete name) married Yves Coffin in 1960. They have two children: Marie-Claire Lintang and Pierre. Dini separated from her husband in 1984, and reclaimed her Indonesian nationality in the following year.
Despicable Me, a computer-animated 3D film from Illumination Entertainment and distributed by Universal Pictures, grossed a massive $543 million worldwide when it was released in the summer of 2010. A sequel, Despicable Me 2, is set to be released on July 3, 2013 worldwide [including U.S, Canada, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and Taiwan]. Both films are directed by Coffin and Chris Renaud.
- Flanimals (TBA) : Director
- Minions (2014): Director
- Despicable Me 2 (2013) : Director
- Despicable Me (2010) : Director
- We’re Back! A Dinosaur’s Story (1993) : Inbetween Artist
- Brad & Gary (2011) : Director
- Banana (2010) : Writer / Executive Producer
- Home Makeover (2010) : Executive Producer
- Orientation Day (2010): voice of Minions
- Gary’s Day (2003) : Director
- Pat & Stan (2003–present) : Creator / Episode Director