A survey of 25,000 MSN portal visitors across seven Asian markets – Hong Kong, India, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, and Thailand – found that almost half of those online in Asia have a blog, and 40 percent of these bloggers are blogging for more than three hours a week.
According to the report, the region’s bloggers are primarily driven by the need to express themselves and share their lives with family and friends.
- Nearly half of those online in Asia have a blog
- 74% find blogs by friends and family to be most interesting
- Young people and women dominate (except India where it is overwhelmingly a male domain and Korea where blogging is a part of everyday life for all)
- 50% believe blog content to be as trustworthy as traditional media
- 41% spend more than three hours a week blogging
- More than 40% have less than 10 visitors per week