UCWeb, a part of Alibaba Mobile Business Group said that its content platform UC News has crossed 100 million monthly active users in India and Indonesia. UCWeb, a Chinese mobile browser firm acquired by Alibaba in 2014, is currently focusing on digital content aggregation and distribution in two emerging markets— India and Indonesia.
With 100 million daily article views, UC News has rapidly grown in India and Indonesia markets since its launch in June 2016.
“We are experiencing a fast rise in the average time spent on UC News. As of this quarter, an average user spends over 23 minutes on UC News. Users are embracing diverse digital content and their appetite for such content is being met by UC News,” Jack Huang, President-Overseas Business, Alibaba Mobile Business Group said.
UC News has also recently announced the We-Media Reward Plan 2.0 for self-publishers, bloggers and independent writers.
Alibaba Group’s major businesses include:
- Taobao Marketplace (www.taobao.com), China’s largest online shopping destination
- Tmall.com (www.tmall.com), China’s largest online third-party platform for brands and retailers
- Juhuasuan (www.juhuasuan.com), China’s most popular online group buying marketplace
- AliExpress (www.aliexpress.com), a global online marketplace for consumers to buy directly from China
- Alibaba.com (www.alibaba.com), China’s largest global online wholesale platform for small businesses
- 1688.com (www.1688.com), a leading online wholesale marketplace in China
- Alibaba Cloud Computing (www.aliyun.com), a leading provider of cloud computing services to businesses and entrepreneurs