E-commerce sites have given you access to the unfathomable market, they do not tax your patience, and they let you save time in traveling. In this collaborative world, here are the 10 rising trend related to e-commerce technology.
- Real-time Shopping Experience at Online Shopping: There is no doubt the people prefer to talk to real sales person and hold the product in their hand! But do not think that e-commerce sites cannot offer you such pleasure. Most online retailers have facilities to chat online, get suggestions and answer all your queries. Online subscription even allow you to hold the product and touch it (i.e. Stylemint, Birchbox), and some even lets you chat all along while you are shopping with Chatalog.
- Using Mobiles and Android Apps for Transaction: With the mobile devices outnumbering the desktops, the use of these devices for buying will increase in the near future. Additionally the websites must act like any app and must be very responsive in terms of design. We have many kinds of apps now that assist consumers to check out on his own, use payment wallet, store coupon codes like Indiaplaza coupons (http://www.couponraja.com/indiaplaza.html), loyalties, card numbers and have GPS for proper advertisement of companies. There are also apps that will let you compare the prices of the same product at different outlets.
- Multi-channel: Consumers these days expect a very effortless transaction, and they expect that a commodity added to the cart will be available if one calls the customer care or land up in the store. This will encourage the IT directors to invest in commerce packages, e-commerce POS systems and CRM systems.
- Big Data: Big Data or Hadoop methodology are handling a lot of data. This has been a concept that has been drawing the interest of the e-commerce site owners, and it is here to stay. It is synching offline data and online data together so that the retailers’ decision-making capacity may be enhanced. In a nutshell, it allows retailers to understand the hidden consumer patterns.
- Customization and Personalization: In an extremely volatile market one must be ready for change all times- not otherwise but for personalization. Personalized recommendations will find more prominence in the market!
- Valuing Customer Engagements than Conversion Ratio: Till date the conversion rates were given the most priority but with the rise in e-commerce sites, gathering new customers will be very tough. So naturally retailers will depend on holding on to the existing customers. Customer engagement will ensure people develop a liking for your site and follow you regularly.
- Push Notifications: Pull browsing is the latest trend now, but it is not far when push browsing will overtake it. Messaging notifications, basket notifications for selective items on your home page- are all going to catch up momentum.
- Social Networking Sites: As the social networking sites increase in popularity, retailers must be using this platform for marketing and selling their products! Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn will be the platforms where you will get data about the latest discounts and offers.
- Mobile POS and Accessing Via Mobile: The idea of Mobile POS to make each and every employee work and allow the customer transact without being to the billing counter. Thanks to the Android 4.2 Jellybean and iOS 6 that allows apps that lets the customer do endless jobs with such apps.
- Retailers Support to Omni-Channel Consumers: Now that mobile apps are there in the market that lets you compare prices, check the reviews online and share the product with friends, retailers will be integrating their separate channels into one for offering support to the consumers.
[Image by Shutterstock]